Malaysians seem to have very short memory, remember the days of road blocks, no-dine in options and being stuck at home? With the continuous surge in new Covid-19 cases, the government will be re-introducing stricter measures under RMCO back.
In a briefing today, the Senior Security Minister has confirmed that the government will be tightening the standard operating procedure (SOP) of the Movement Control Order (MCO) that was eased during the implementation of the Recovery MCO (RMCO).
Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the decision was made following concerns over the rise in COVID-19 cases in the past week.
“Basically, the decision was agreed upon at today’s Special Ministerial Meeting on the implementation of the MCO.
“The technical committee will meet tomorrow to work on the finer details of the SOP and table it at the ministerial meeting on Monday,” he told a media briefing on the RMCO at the Putra World Trade Centre here today.
Ismail Sabri, who is also the Defence Minister, said the SOP on Hari Raya Aidiladha, to be celebrated on July 31, would also be finalised and announced on Monday.
He said that since several new clusters involving ship crew members had been detected, the SOP with regard to this group would also be looked into.
“The technical committee will discuss and examine the SOP on the Aidiladha celebration as well as on the ship crew members who sign on and sign off… either when disembarking or before departure.
“We are worried about (COVID-19) infections during Aidiladha. If during Aidilfitri we had set a limit of no more than 20 guests, then for Aidiladha we will also set a limit.
Sarawak which has a large number of clusters, is under close observation and meetings are actively being conducted with the state on avenues available to contain the spread. As of now no indication of a possible lockdown.