PlayStation took a quiet approach to release a new Walking Dead game on the PS4 for their PlayStation VR platform. The game, The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners had actually released back in January on PC via Oculus and Steam, but didn’t see much attention there. It was however, highly rated on Metacritic with a score of 81.
The game is now available on the PlayStation tore, and comes with two editions: the standard edition for $40 (~RM172) and the ‘Tourist’ edition for $50 (~RM215) which includes three unique weapon recipes and a set of collectible voodoo dolls.
In the game, you play as a drifter known as the Tourist, who meets characters from all corners of New Orleans (NOLA). The physics in game look pretty fantastic for what it is, killing zombies with your bare hands, shivs, knives, guns, and any other gruesome ways you can come up with.
Not to mention it’s still a ‘Walking Dead’ game, which means there will be choices you have to make, where you can assist some people, while others greet you with hostility. The choice is up to you on how to deal with the various situations you’re put in.
It all looks to be a great experience to get into. The horror aspect of living in a zombie apocalypse, which tests your bravery and skill to navigate your way through it. Could you imagine a zombie just creeping up on you, and biting you WHILE you’re in VR? Sounds terrifying.
Here’s a rundown on their key features they mentioned:
- Explore New Orleans in a free roam survival horror adventure.
- Scavenge for anything that you can weapons, food, tools, and clues.
- Be wary of the living and the dead: spatial audio will draw attention to any loud noise, bullets or otherwise.
- Craft makeshift gear out of scrapped material blades, guns, medicine, and more.
- Survive your way: Use stealth or fight head on. Scavenge or complete jobs for others.
- Test your morals: make difficult choices for yourself and others.
As of now, I can’t seem to find the game on the Malaysian PlayStation Store, but it’s bound it make it’s way there soon.