In this new normal, Malaysians of all walks of life are adapting quickly to keep their health and safety a top priority. And with the Raya festivities just around the corner, many of us are still adjusting to the idea of celebrating one of Malaysia’s best loved festive seasons in a socially distant way.
However, in the spirit of the festive season, here are some of the ways Malaysians are still able to experience a memorable and safe celebration by going 100% cashless, while keeping our traditions alive and thriving.
- Safeguarding Traditions With GrabPay e-Duit Raya
- In this new normal, many of us may not be able to balik kampung this year but Malaysians can still embody this heartfelt gesture by going cashless and sending e-Duit Raya to their loved ones via GrabPay.
- To help encourage this generous act of cashless giving, Grab is rewarding Malaysians by giving out 1.5 million GrabRewards Points. From 24 May – 6 June 2020, users’ first three GrabPay e-Duit Raya transfers will each get 50 GrabRewards Points (limited to one transaction per day). The top five users with the most transfers to different users will also be awarded with 20,000 GrabRewards Points.
- Fostering The Spirit of Giving
- The act of giving alms is also unique and fundamental to the holy month, so we want to encourage all Malaysians to practice this and continue to do good while practicing social distancing by donating to those in need through the GrabRewards catalogue. Users will be able to donate up to RM25 to various charities and NGOs during this period, such as Islamic Relief Malaysia, Pertiwi Soup Kitchen, ProjekPelangi and more.
- All Your Raya Needs Conveniently From Home
- You can shop for your baju raya from Zalora and FashionValet via GrabPay, buy your cooking essentials and the famous Yusuf Taiyoob kurma from GrabMart, and even gift some delicious raya cookies to your loved ones from home-based sellers via GrabExpress Ramadan. On top of that, you can do so completely cashless with GrabPay and enjoy up to 30% across these Ramadan essentials too!
- Ramadan Delights from Your Local Heroes
- There are over 900 GrabFood restaurant-partners or Ramadan Bazar favourites from the Grab e-Kitchen Bazar, you can easily order your favourite Malaysian dishes to satisfy your appetites. Be sure to get all your Ramadan staples while you still can such as Roti John, Murtabak, Nasi Kerabu, Nasi Tomato and Nasi Kukus!