Consumers are creating more higher-resolution and higher volumes of content than ever before. From action cam enthusiasts to selfie lovers to doting parents who capture every milestone moment on their 4K smartphones, the need for even more space to store photos, movies, music and content—and take it on the go—is growing. While data storage demands are ever-increasing, so is the need to organise, centralise and back up that data.
With the launch of the Backup Plus Portable 5TB drive—the largest capacity mobile drive on the market—Seagate is helping its customers better manage their massive deluge of data. This new storage solution is made possible thanks to Seagate’s new BarraCuda internal drive, featuring its breakthrough 2.5-inch 1TB platter technology announced last month.
The Backup Plus 5TB drive will be the first device to ship with the new BarraCuda 5TB drive and offers:
- Unparalleled capacity for its size
- Customizable backup options with Seagate Dashboard software for easy local, mobile, cloud and social media backup
- Use on both PC and Mac® computers by installing the NTFS driver for Mac
- Quick file transfers with USB 3.0 connectivity
- Sleek 20.5mm form factor with aluminium cover making the drive as durable as it is efficient
The newest Backup Plus 5TB drive joins Seagate’s award-winning family of external drives, including Ultra Slim, Slim, Portable 4TB, Fast, Desktop and Hub. The Seagate Backup Plus Portable 5TB drive will be available this month for an MSRP of US$189.99 in black, silver, red and blue colour options at consumer electronics resellers worldwide.