Own the affordable flagship killer before everyone else.
Fellow Malaysians have been waiting for the arrival of the OnePlus One to officially enter Malaysia market months after it had been revealed. However, you don’t have to wait for the physical units to arrive in stores anymore as you can now pre-order the OnePlus One online on 27 October 15:00 GMT (11pm Malaysian time). The catch: you only have one hour to do so.
The website explains what you need to do if you plan to pre-order the phone and, of course, if you got an invite, you can skip the pre-order queue. Basically, you get all your orders and details keyed in prior to the pre-order day and get ready to pay for it. To spice things up, OnePlus is also giving away a 64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One. All you need to do is tweet the link provided on the webpage before the pre-order starts and you’re in the running for the lucky draw.
Since the introduction of the OnePlus One to the global market, the smartphone has been coined as ‘the affordable flagship killer’. The phone has specs that is on par with its competitors’ flagships though it will only cost users half the price to own one. Cheap, high-end phones? Oh, Yes!
The 16GB version is priced at US$299, while the 64GB version is set at US$349. There is not yet news of an official pricing in Malaysia and though the OnePlus One can be purchased through gray markets in Malaysia, you would probably receive a higher retail price.
Some tech specs that you should take note on the OnePlus One:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.5GHz Quad-core CPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB or 64GB internal storage
- 5.5-inch LTPS LCD capacitive touchscreen (1080 x 1920, 401 ppi) display
- 13MP Sony Exmore IMX 214 rear camera, 5MP front camera
- 4K resolution video with stereo recording and Slow Motion functions
- Supports WiFi, NFC, GPS, 3G and 4G LTE
- Non-romovable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery pack
- Dimensions: 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 162grams
- Runs on Cynogen 11S, based on Android 4.4
- Colours: Sandstone Black and Silk White