MapleStory M, the side-scrolling adventure mobile version of the popular free MMORPG, has introduced a new class called the Cygnus Knights.
The Cygnus Knights may be familiar to those who played the original MapleStory. It consists of five characters who fight to protect Empress Cygnus and defeat the Black Mage to bring justice to the Maple world.
The five new jobs include:
- Dawn Warrior: A double handed sword-wielding warrior who draws power from the sun and moon to fight.
- Night Walker: A thief that uses claws as his weapon and can summon an illusion of himself to help in combat.
- Thunder Breaker: A knuckle-equipped pirate with the unique ability to combine multiple skills for faster use.
- Blaze Wizard: A staff-wielding wizard who can cast Orbital Flame and direct it with the directional pad.
- Wind Archer: A bow-wielding warrior who can attack enemies continuously by using it’s trifling wind skill.
In commemoration, MapleStory M will also host two new events from now until 9th October 2018 for new and returning players. Maplers who level up any of the new jobs during the Cygnus Knights Growth Support Event will receive special rewards. This includes an exclusive Cygnus Knights chair and mount. In addition, players with new accounts can level up by three levels as part of the Burning Level Up Event.
The new update also includes a new continent called Ereve, as well as the Maple Tree Festival System. This new system gives additional rank and effects for level ups. The degree of boons is based on the number of characters created in the Maple Tree World.
A guild-specific dungeon called the Immortal Guild Dungeon has also been added. The new dungeon allows guild members to earn points and compete in rankings by defeating the immortal boss Papulatus. You can then redeem earned points through the Guild Shop and Guild Donation.
MapleStory M has been a hit ever since its global launch last July. The game managed to break 5 million downloads in just two weeks, which you can read about here.
To learn more, visit the official MapleStory M Facebook page for the latest news and event updates. The game is now available on iOS and Android.